Monday, March 06, 2006

Self-Portrait

I'm not a huge fan of the figurative self-portrait. I enjoy looking at other artists' portraits, but to stand in front of the canvas with a paintbrush in one hand and a mirror in the other is very unnerving for me.

I'm going to swallow the rest of my excuses because, as I'm begining to realize, it's boring to talk about shortcomings and insecurities and multi-faceted periods of gloom. That's what modern art is for :)

Here are two self-portraits that I am not unhappy with:

Self-Portrait, charcoal on paper, 2005



Self Portrait, oil on canvas, 2004

5 Comments:

Blogger Dolly Vu said...

you are such an artist

i mean that in a good way, too

10:00 AM  
Blogger Pat Paulk said...

Very good stuff. The second definitely daring someone to challenge your world!

8:53 AM  
Blogger camera shy said...

hey you

i tried to click on my link from here and it told me mean things

really mean

11:07 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

thanks for the words, guys and gals, your responses are very appreciated. ralph - sorry my link got fresh with you. i'll slap it around a bit.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Kinderling said...

yes, you've added an extra "http://" to every one's link...(except mine, thank you very much)
that should do the trick...

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home